STEAM is fully accessible – with lifts and ramps giving wheelchair and pushchair access throughout the museum. Disabled toilet facilities are also available.
We are pleased to provide the following facilities and services:
- An experience of sights, sounds, and touch
- Free admission to essential carers accompanying a paying disabled visitor. Please choose the carer option when you pre-book your visit online so we know you are bringing a companion. One carer will be admitted free of charge.
- Free loan of wheelchair or motorised scooter (booking required)
- Accessible toilets, fitted with call point
- Subtitled video and large print information panels throughout STEAM
- Low-level counters at the Ticket Desk, Shop and Café
- Induction loop system at the Ticket Desk
- Easy to read signage
- Guide, Hearing and Assistance dogs welcome (dog bowls available)
- Automatic entrance doors
- Baby and adult changing facilities
For full details on accessibility, please read our Access Policy.
To book any of the above facilities, or if you would like to discuss your requirements, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01793 466646.